Mold contamination is not just an eyesore, it can cause serious health hazards which is why homeowners, property managers and real estate companies emphasize molding maintenance. It contributes to poor air quality and triggers allergies in many people.
Hence, we at Home Tuning Little Rock do our best to make sure your home is mold-free and safe for you and your family. So, look out for any green or black mold growth in or around your house and give us a call straight away!
What is Mold?
Mold is essentially fungus, which grows in all kinds of buildings both inside and outside. There is around three thousand species of mold in existence, so far according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and all of them should be avoided.
The tiny mold spores travel through the air and it is harmful if inhaled. It can give rise to many allergies and diseases and should be detected and removed as soon as possible.
Why Does Molding Occur?
Mold is a microscopic spore that thrives in humid and damp environments. Mold is prone to grow in basements, bathrooms and adjacent rooms or parts of the wall or ceiling that may have suffered from water damage.
While mold thrives in dampness, it can still survive in hotter temperatures. It may not grow as much, but it will not reduce either. So here are some reasons why mold may appear in your property:
- If you have a leaky pipe, mold can grow in walls and ceilings
- High humidity is a huge reason behind mold occurring.
- Mold grows more on drywall and wood since this bacteria feeds on the organic materials present in wood and drywall.
- Mold can grow in a short time, as little as 24-48 hours.
Mold is Preventable
Mold is preventable if you can be a little bit careful and act rapidly in case of an accident. If your wooden furniture or wall gets wet, you must clean it immediately. If left wet, it is sure to start molding. Here are a few ways to keep the molding in check.
- If you live in an area with higher humidity, keep the indoor humidity low.
- Get yourself a humidity meter and measure the levels. This will help you prevent conditions that may cause molding in the house.
- Keep all surfaces dry. Condensation on windows, walls or pipes may be a sign of high humidity.
- Use dehumidifiers!
- Ventilate your showers and kitchen.
What to do if you find mold in your house?
It is unfortunate, but we cannot always prevent molding from happening. After a flooding or in case of a plumbing accident, molding is unavoidable, and experts must be consulted. In such dire circumstances, call us!
We are here to restore your home to its former glory. Home Tuning Little Rock offers the best Mold Removal Services in Little Rock, AR at an amazing rate. Be it your home or workplace, our experts will be at your service. Home Tuning Little Rock has over 30 years of experience in cleaning, restoring, and remodeling properties, so you can count on us.
We Can Help You
Quick response is vital if you are worried about molding. With quick action, the damage to your property can be minimized. Water damage can make items unsalvageable, if not retrieved immediately.
Our WRT and AMRT certified technicians have the best training and years of hands-on experience, so you can rely on us to restore not just your home; but your clothes, books, documents, photographs, and the structure itself.
What We Do
When you reach out to us, the experts at Home Tune Little Rock take the responsibility to give you total satisfaction. Our process is simple and designed to fit each customer’s needs. A brief of our process includes:
- Our experts visit your house and inspect the damages.
- Depending on the level of mold and issues of the building, the technicians will have a plan of action for getting rid of the mold.
- Our plan will be customized according to the household since we aim to eradicate any sign of remaining mold. We begin by containing the mold affected area, so it does not spread.
- Our certified technicians begin the mold extraction process by identifying the main source of the mold’s moisture.
- When the mold’s moisture source is detected, then we use HEPA vacuuming and filtration to extract any inkling of moisture in the affected areas.
- We finish the procedure with deodorizing and enforce preventive measures to avoid future molding.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if there is molding in my house?
Keep a lookout for greenish or blackish growth near bathrooms, kitchens, and basements. Mold grows best near damp areas and corners. If you or your family members’ allergies act up more frequently, it is likely there is molding in your house.
- Can I clean the mold myself?
It is not safe to remove mold without professional help. If you tamper with mold without the proper tools, you might even escalate its growth and make it worse. It is better for you to call professionals.
- Is mold damage covered by insurance providers?
Insurance policies differ from company to company. It is best to contact your insurance provider and find out if it is included in your plan.